Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OUR MOM

At times I still hear you whistling mother
From another room or somewhere far away
I remember how many times you held my hand
When there were no words say
 That's how you would show your heart
I hear you singing while you're cooking Mama
I hear you talking to God about all of us ...

Everything you ever did was for someone else
Waking up early to work so hard to give us all you got
You lived hope and you loved to share
Always concerned about being fair
You called us beautiful even when we were ugly
Your six little ducklings.

You held us close and didn't realize you were teaching us how to love others
For the rest of our lives
We would keep on giving your love away
And keep our lamps burning bright
You talked to us about heaven and the Word of God
Never in any hurry for us to grow up, but you knew we would
Live to see this day and feel this way...

Aching in our hearts to see you again
In your new home, tending your garden---


No comments: