Monday, February 16, 2009

DRIVING FORCE

Wrapped up in heavy weight at times
Tired out emotions frustrate and blind
Bedraggled by a whirl wind, tossed and bruised
Outstretched hand saves me and rescues
A true friend gives me not one coat but two
Along with an extra pair of running shoes
He knows I will need them for the race
The mountains and the chase
If I am going to run to win
He is fully aware how much I need Him...

To go high, to be still and abide
He is my strength to climb
He is my driving force
Fiery passion and inspiration
His words heal me
His compassion fills me
He is my wisdom
And advisor in every situation

He gives me time, He gives me Him
He is my way of escape in temptation
He is my rock in each decision
He is my clarity and my provision
He covers me with Himself
He clothes me with light
My embrace and final destination
My joy and journey of great delight.

No comments: