Friday, July 31, 2009

CONTINUAL THANKS

O, Thank You Father, that I can be here wrapped in Your embrace
Thank You for the days of stretching, and preparing my heart to seek Your face.
Without You I am not me – I am someone else
Somewhere I do not need to be.
Thank You for Your unfailing love shining into the darkness here
In a moment, all fear is gone and my eyes see clear
O Thank You Jesus, for praying me through with blood, sweat, and tears of love
For sending a friend, a stranger, a child to lift my head up
Thank You for not turning away or giving up on this weak wayward one
Your grace and mercy always forgiving making me ready for what is to come
O Thank You Holy Spirit, my comfort, my companion, my voice in the dark
You who captures me, reveal secret mysteries, guardian of my heart
You are with me all the time in every place
You are leading me in the paths of righteousness for your names sake
Humility, love, and mercy in these You delight
All Your laws are precious to me, good and right
Thank You O Lord, that I can come to You in every circumstance
The enemy flees a thousand different ways and does not stand a chance
You rescue me and fill me with raging desire to pursue
Every good and right path that will encourage all who truly long to return to You.

26 Oct 2005

No comments: