Sunday, July 12, 2009

NONE OTHER

Every other voice be silent except the Great Sheperd of the Sheep
Speak and I will hearken always only unto Thee
Tension and madness have no place in me
Truth and love and humility straighten and free

All that is broken and battered from this life
Cause me to know, be still and find
None is truer, more faithful or divine
Who meets me here and hears me sigh

Keep me as a seal upon thine arm
Thou art the faithful and true witness
Whose blood speaks the better word
Healing all who hope in Thee alone

Leaving nothing to mere chance
Yet fearlessly taking Your time
Knowing brokeness will soon dance
Watered and fed, and raised by Your hand

All glory and praise
To Him who bore my pain
Who heals and restores me
By His word and the power of His name.

2 comments:

كارولين said...

Thank you. :)

Marcie Mayo said...

This was inspired by the pain and healing I experienced in a head-on collision. The Lord was faithful to restore me after a very brief time of suffering...