Saturday, March 15, 2008

COVERING

Since ever I remember I've had protection
sometimes closer than I could see
Then as I grew of age it seemed it was across the miles...
over time my heart has grown to desire
A greater fulfillment of what is being offered me.
It's true that I've enjoyed freedom, hungering for the truth
My hopes have permitted me this and your smiles have agreed...
I have trusted in what I could not see
as faith has held my hand and not let go
Walking many roads, some of which for the first time
others I still await the chance to go...

I pray the place I end up is nothing less than my Father's will.
longing for peace and the grace to belong
In a place where my family holds a home for me
encouraging me to go further, to set my sights, to just be free.
As the future comes and each page is turned, I would hope to say
that no matter the journey - I have traveled all the way
To this place you have found me, even when I walk alone
my heart is beating fast as I am soon approaching the love that
is waiting for me...when I go home.

Home is where you are Lord.


Marcie L. Mayo
11/2/00

No comments: