Saturday, March 29, 2008

MORE

A sudden whisper I hear
My Lord, The King is near
And with Him a procession of purpose, endless courage
Write it down, mix it with faith, be nourished
Look upon the truth, let it fill all of you
Let freedom sanctify, wash, and cloth
Make you ready and be all that you know
An assurance of change somehow sustains
Inspiration like sunlight dancing in the rain
A gentle joy comforts my mind
You're in me and I'm in You forever in time
Though now, through daily duties and chores
I miss you, I seek you, I long for more
While all else continues to come and go
When the day is spent, keep me close
I will gladly wait and live to explore
Guarding attentively all my windows and doors
Choosing the blessing and not a curse
By letting everything else take second, I put you first.
Shaken I shutter to think, to feel, I must
No presence is more real, I receive, I trust
What I have known in you
Your blood poured out to prove
True love surpasses flesh and bone
It gives, it does not seek its own
Overlooking mistakes, empowering deep within
Giving vision desire with a hunger to begin again
It pleases you to delight in me
This free-willed little one who sometime cannot see
Your love does not change
Good or bad day
You want me just like this
No matter how unprepared, unsteady, every bit, all the way.

Marcie L. Mayo
2 Jan 2006
I Thess 3:8

No comments: