Saturday, March 15, 2008

SWALLOW

I needed this today...a little bit of an awakening
a swallow of light and a taste of humility
As moments are produced in the madness of my soul
to drive by a picture, framed with the glory of Your gold
Bursting from the seams, are your praises my King
every ounce of me doesn't know whether to scream or cry
If this were my last chance to deny myself - I am first in line
faith takes me on a free fall as I let go to look into Your eyes
In You I see complete definition
and that is what I want to be so desperately
As you have formed a human body from an earthly attire
so I know it only takes You only a moment to shape me to your desire
Do so oh, Lord, if only to break me inside
to show me the true beauty You have enhanced is nothing to hide
You have made me right that I can stand by You, right by your side
Your pure and holy, innocent, spotless Bride...

I wait for You - deepen my love for You.


Marcie L. Mayo
2 Dec 99

No comments: